Village of Suffern Court

Ernest S. Buonocore, Village Justice
Vincent Altieri, Acting Village Justice
Christine Andersen, Justice Court Clerk
Telephone: (845) 357-6424

There is one Village Justice elected to a four year term in the Village of Suffern. There is also one Acting Village Justice who is appointed and handles matters when the Village Justice is unavailable. They are both assisted by the Court Clerk.

The Court is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and will accept fines and filing fees up to 3:30 p.m.


Payments made at the Justice Court Clerk window may be made for VEHICLE AND TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS AND CIVIL FEES in the form of cash, money order, certified check and by credit card using Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover for Vehicle and Traffic Violations. No personal or business checks will be accepted.

Pay Court Online


Payments made at the Justice Court Clerk window for PARKING VIOLATIONS may be made by cash or money order only or pay online at:Parking Violations payment link

Court Calendar

Criminal Court – Penal Law Violations, Misdemeanors and Felonies, at the preliminary stage (including Vehicle & Traffic Misdemeanors) – First and Third Tuesdays at 5:00 p.m.

Vehicle & Traffic Infractions & Civil and Small Claims – Second and Fourth Tuesdays at 5:00 p.m.

There is also a Civil and Small Claims part of the Court to handle claims up to $3,000.

The Small Claims Court is an informal court where individuals, not corporations, associations or partnerships, can sue for an amount up to $3,000 without an attorney. You will be required to pay a Filing Fee of $10.00 if the claim is for $1,000 or less, and $15.00 if the claim is for $1,001 to $3,000.

In order to bring a small claims action against someone in this Court, the person or business you wish to sue must reside or own a place of business within the Village of Suffern. You will be required to supply the correct spelling of the individual or business and the CURRENT address (P.O. Box not acceptable).

Applications for small claims actions can be filed between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.

The filing fee for Civil actions is $20.00 and can be filed 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Contact the Court Clerk’s office for questions regarding Civil actions: (845) 357-2600