Village Hall Offices Are Open to the Public
Anyone desiring to conduct business at the Village Hall will be required to contact the appropriate Village office to arrange for an appointment:
- Village Clerk’s Office (845) 357-2600
- Birth Certificates
- Event Permits
- Notary Public
- FOIL Requests
- Tax and Water Payment Questions
- Office of the Treasurer
- Office of the Mayor
- Building Department (845) 357-2603
- Department of Public Works (845) 357-2602
- Recreation Department (845) 357-7943
- Parking Department (845) 368-0017
- Village of Suffern Justice Court Office (845) 357-6424
- Village of Suffern Police Department (Except Emergencies) (845) 357-2300
Procedures To Schedule an Appointment:
- Anyone requesting an appointment must call one of the phone numbers listed above. A staff member will take your name and phone number and will ask you COVID-19 exposure information. This will be done for everyone’s safety, as a means to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and to reduce the potential risk of exposure to employees and visitors.
- If a staff member is not available to take your phone call, leave a voice message including your name, phone number, purpose for the appointment, and times when you are available. A staff member will return your phone call as soon as possible to schedule an appointment.
- A staff member will advise you of your appointment date and time and will review building entrance procedures. Please note based upon the volume of requests, same day appointments may not be available.
- A staff member will advise you to bring a cell phone to Suffern Village Hall.
- On the date and time of your scheduled appointment, upon your arrival at Village Hall, visitors must call the department phone number to advise the staff member of your arrival.
- Visitors are required to wear a mask to enter the Village Hall. Visitors must report directly to the designated department to conduct business while abiding by social distancing guidelines and the social distancing directional signage in place and will be required to immediately exit the building upon completion of business.
Tax, Water Bill, and other Payments:
A Dropbox is located outside of the main entrance to the Village Hall for your convenience. In order to minimize employee and resident exposure to the COVID-19 virus, the Village is asking all who are paying Tax and Water bills to do so using the Dropbox, making online payments, or by mailing check or money orders. For other payments, including parking fees, FOIL materials, etc., checks and money orders should also placed in the Dropbox or mailed to the Village of Suffern, 61 Washington Avenue, Suffern, NY 10901. Residents should be advised not to mail cash. Information regarding how to pay Tax and Water Bills online is available on the Village of Suffern Website at: https://suffernny.gov/pay-your-taxes-and-water-bills-online-2/